As a valued patient, we want to update you on medical advances in our practice.
We now offer NeuroStar Advanced Therapy, a proven treatment option for adults who have depression and have not responded to antidepressant therapy.
What Is NeuroStar Advanced Therapy?
NeuroStar uses an MRI strength magnet to stimulate underactive areas of the brain that control depression. Treatment with NeuroStar is easy:
· Treatment sessions are done in our office in just under 19 minutes per day for most patients
· Major Depressive Disorder treatment is 36 daily sessions consecutively (Mon-Fri)
· You are awake during treatment and can return to normal activities right away.
· It’s covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Tricare.
Does It Work? Is It Safe?
NeuroStar Advanced Therapy was FDA-cleared in 2008 and is backed by more clinical studies for depression than any other TMS device. In a NIMH-funded, independent, randomized controlled trial, patients treated with TMS using the NeuroStar Advanced Therapy System, were 4 times more likely to achieve remission compared to patients receiving sham treatment.
If you or someone you know is suffering from depression, please complete the survey for our provider’s review:
Visit neurostar.com for safety information and indications for use.
1. Janicak PG, et al. (2008). J Clin Psychiatry, 69(2): 222-232.,
2. Post A, et al. (2001). J Psychiatric Research, 35:193-215 6. Liston C, et al.(2014). Biol Psychiatry, 76(7):517-26
3. Neuronetics Inc data on file 4. George, MS et al (2010) Arch Gen Psychiatry, 67(5): 507-516.