Back pain can come about suddenly after an injury, before disappearing almost immediately or gradually over time. In other cases, back pain can become chronic and make everyday activities unbearable. Fortunately, here at Reno Tahoe Pain Associates in Reno, NV, Dr. Ali Nairizi can help.
What can cause back pain?
Common causes of back pain include,
- Muscle strain or sprain: A muscle strain occurs when muscle fibers are stretched out or torn, and a strain occurs when you tear ligaments from their attachments.
- Bulging disc: This common spine injury occurs when a disc is protruding (this is also referred to as a slipped disc).
- Herniated disc: This is when a fragment of the disc is pushed into the spinal canal through a tear or rupture and is an early stage of degeneration.
- Degenerative disc disease: Discs between the vertebrae lose their cushioning, start to fragment, and become herniated. This is related to aging, loss of flexibility, and nerve-pinching bone spurs.
- Osteoporosis: This is when new bone creation or regeneration can't keep up with bone loss.
- Scoliosis: Scoliosis is a curve in the spine that occurs during the growth spurt, just before puberty.
- Arthritis: This inflammation of the joints may affect one joint or multiple joints, and there are two common types: osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Other diseases or conditions that may cause back pain include a spinal fracture, muscle spasms, a car accident, or even a bad fall. Other factors that increase your risk for developing back problems include lifting heavy objects improperly, being overweight, or having poor posture.
Back Pain Treatment
Dr. Nairizi first examines your back pain to understand what’s causing it. Your Reno doctor then finds the best course of treatment for you, based on your symptoms. Don't delay visiting him if your pain is intolerable or your conditions worsen over time.
How do you contact for more information?
Call Dr. Ali Nairizi of Reno Tahoe Pain Associates in Reno, NV, at (775) 384-1127 for more information